Elder Abuse Solutions: Resource Clearinghouse
Every person, no matter how young or how old, deserves to be safe from harm by those who live with them, care for them, or come in day-to-day contact with them.
- American Psychological Association
I really miss having a close circle of friends. My husband and closest friends have died, my kids and grandkids have moved away, and I’ve retired from work and volunteering. I’m alone a lot and can’t seem to find anyone I can really talk to now.”
- Sadie, 81-year-old
Full List of Resources:
Safety Plan Overview:
- Developing an Elder Abuse Safety Plan
- Orders of Protection and Restraining Orders
- What Should I Consider When Leaving an Abusive Situation?
- What Should I Bring if I Need to Leave My Home?
Social and Emotional Isolation
- Social and Emotional Isolation
- How Can I Tell if I am Isolated?
- How Does Isolation Happen?
- What Impact Can Isolation Have?
- Ways to Reduce Isolation
When a Family Member Harms